Monday, January 20, 2014

Girls Trip: Charleston

Two weeks ago (I know bad blogger for not talking about this sooner!) my mom, Mattie, and I took a girls trip!  We headed up to Charleston, where none of us had ever been, and then worked out way down to Savannah, where only Mattie had ever been.  It was a glorious week filled with food, drinks, laughter, and love.


One of the best parts of the trip was the amazing food we had! Blossom was the first restaurant we went to when we got to Charleston.  We walked all around that first day and I just had fun taking lots and lots of pictures.  Including rooftop pictures! To say we were all in goofy moods is an understatement.

That first night we went to an interactive theater.  Mom got a starring role and had a blast!  She perfected the accent and had so much fun with it!

Our second day there was absolutely freezing.  Everything we tried to do was not available due to weather.  I begged and begged to go to the aquarium.  Mom and Mattie thought it would be stupid.  And they will even admit to you themselves that they were wrong.  We had an absolute blast there! We were probs bigger kids than the little kids there! We even got right on in there with the monkeys!


On our third day we went to see many of the historical sites in Charleston.  We visited the Provost and the Slave Museum.  We also went to the USS Yorktown and did all of the tours there.  We each even got to fly a plane….or at least act like it!

I was so OBSESSED with all of the homes in Charleston.  I just loved every single one of them and would kill to live there.  I am pretty sure I took more pictures of the houses than of the three of us humans there!

We did so much more than I can even write about or remember.  I left my heart in Charleston and would go back tomorrow if given the offer.  I absolutely had the best time there…even if it was 18 degrees most of the time!

If you have any questions about where to go and what to do just ask! I didn't go into detail here but have many suggestions if your planning a trip!


Signature

1 comment:

Miss Riss said...

I bet Charleston is cute in the summer...you know, like when I come visit you?! ;)